Simple and Easy Tips on Checking Your Oil from Gene Messer Volkswagen
When it comes to keeping your vehicle in standout shape, you want to check on its oil levels. Most people don’t know what to do, but in truth, it’s actually quite a simple process, and at Gene Messer Volkswagen, we want you to know how to do it, in a few easy steps.
- Lift up the hood and look for the dipstick, it’s usually a different color and easy to spot
- Take out the dipstick, and wipe it down with a towel, removing any oil on it
- Insert the dipstick back in the oil chamber, then take it out again
- Look at the tip of the dipstick and the two measurements, which are lines or small holes usually
- If the oil is close to the higher hole or line, that means you’ve got fresh, full oil
- If it’s at the bottom hole, that means you should replace the oil
- If you need just a bit of oil, you can top it off yourself, but follow your vehicle’s owner’s manual
- For low oil, make sure you come in to our service center and we can perform an oil change for you and make sure everything is functioning properly
You can learn more and of course schedule some time with our service center to have any maintenance and repairs done, we’re here to help in Lubbock, TX.